Your business depends on your ability to build and maintain quality relationships. Email marketing makes building those relationships easier than ever before. Used correctly, email marketing can cultivate a deep, rich, sea of customers who will keep coming back for more. Done incorrectly, email marketing can mean a bad reputation, lost customers, and worse yet, the end of your business. Below are five email marketing tips that you must not ignore if you want your business to continue to grow and thrive in a competitive marketplace.
- Make it Useful – Provide your subscribers with relevant and useful information for free. No spam allowed! Make yourself a commodity that they not only want but need. When your subscribers see you as someone who understands their needs and provides them with useful solutions to their problems, they are much more likely to want to do business with you.
- Make it Mobile Friendly – As more and more people migrate to mobile devices as their primary computing device, you must make sure that your email marketing is properly formatted for these devices. Short, concise, properly formatted messages will make it easier for your subscribers to interact with your content.
- Provide Click to Contact Options – So you’ve provided all of this great information, and now someone wants to pick up the phone and call you. Have you provided an easy way for them to do so? Can they click on a link and call or email you directly? Make sure that every email you send offers one-click access to either call or email your company. Don’t miss the call because the customer couldn’t figure out how to reach you.
- Be Consistent – Make sending useful information a priority and set a regular scheduled time to interact with your subscribers. A lack of consistency is a red flag to some. Your subscribers want to have confidence in you and your business. By showing them that you care enough about their needs to send them relevant information on a regular basis, you are sending the message that you value them and thus you are building trust. A customer is much more likely to do business with someone they trust.
- Tracking is Key – Do you know who your real customers are? How many people actually read your emails? How many of those readers turn into customers? If you don’t know this information, you are missing out on critical information that will help you grow your business. Many of the popular email marketing tools today provide statistics that you should pay close attention to. For example, knowing how many customers are reading your emails will give you great insight into whether or not your customers view your email as relevant, and whether or not your emails get flagged as spam. Pay attention to key tracking data, and make changes to your strategy accordingly.
Don’t ignore these email marketing tips. Building quality relationships is vital to keeping your customers coming back or more.
About Exact Data
Exact Data is a Chicago-based multi-channel direct marketing company with regional offices across the United
States. The company offers integrated marketing services including B2B and B2C audiences complete with postal
addresses, email addresses, and telephone numbers, data append and hygiene services, as well as performance-based
social media advertising.
Exact Data was founded in 2001 and operates as a subsidiary of Exact Data LLC. For more information,
email email@example.com or call (877) 440-3282.