We are truly living in the age of technology. With the inventions of smart phones and tablets, consumers need their technology to be as mobile as they are. The days of checking email once or twice a day at a work or home computer are gone. Email has become a way to communicate even time-sensitive information, because emails are delivered instantly to our phones/tablets and we are expected to respond just as quickly. Here are a few statistics about mobile email use.
- According to Business to Community, reading and replying to email is the most popular activities of a smart phone.
- According to Litmus, over 50% of emails are opened on a mobile smart phone.
- Even those who prefer traditional tactics, like postal mail or print media, still prefer email over other digital and traditional media.
- 72% of U.S. adults prefer communicating via email with companies.
- In the last quarter of 2015, over half of all U.S emails were opened on either a tablet or a smart phone. Only 33% were opened on a traditional computer.
- According to MarketingProfs, 31% of B2B marketers say email has the most influence on revenue.
- According to MarketingSherpa, "for consumer products and services, personalizing email subject lines also increases transaction rates by 49%, and revenue per email by 73%; yet only 35% of brands personalize their email subject lines."
Since mobile technology is only going to keep evolving and becoming more popular, it's important to design for those devices. Exact Data is a marketing service that can help optimize your email campaign for mobile users as well as stationary ones. Contact us today to learn more and get started.
About Exact Data
Exact Data is a Chicago-based marketing technology company with regional offices across the United States.
The company's product is data, but their strength is technology. Exact Data leverages its technical expertise
to deliver results - connecting clients with their audience through data-driven direct marketing services.
For more information, email email@example.com or call (877) 440-3282.